Salon environments generally carry a degree of viral risk, due to the nature of our services and our inability to practice social distancing. All licensed hairdressers are aware of the risks and we are already trained to mitigate them. However, the coronavirus pandemic presents a very unique scenario, so it is important we offer you an enhanced standard of safety, in accordance with public health guidelines issued by the New York State Department of Health:
1. Our styling chairs are positioned 6 feet apart and most services are performed one-on-one.
2. Communal and high-touch courtesies like coffee stations, open water/wine service, magazines, candy dishes and product testers are discontinued until further notice.
3. We've partnered with BARBICIDE®, the leaders in anti-viral/microbial/bacterial infection control systems. We are a Barbicide Certified Salon, as their systems were recently approved by the EPA for efficacy against Human Coronavirus, including all variants .
4. Our salon receives daily, anti-bacterial/anti-microbial deep cleanings, several times a day, in regular increments, which includes all counter tops, doors, handles, walls, etc. Restrooms will receive the same servicing and all toilets are treated with a disinfecting agent, specifically formulated to kill viruses.
5. Disinfecting methods are performed at each station after every client, to ensure all tools and surfaces are thoroughly sanitized and properly prepared before the next client is seated.
6. All towels/robes are cleaned with an additional Lysol-based, anti-bacterial agent, which removes all traces of viral bacteria and fungus. As always, expect to receive fresh, clean robes and towels for your services.
7. We have upgraded our salon's booking system to utilize touch-less check-outs and appointment scheduling.
8. Disposable masks and touch-less hand sanitizer dispensers are available for your use.
9. We remain open for FREE Virtual Consultations to assist with at-home hair care for you and your loved ones.
There's a lot of information out there now and it can be overwhelming during these times. However, you deserve the safest, most relaxing salon experience possible, so we will continue our research and navigate through the data, so we understand what it means for you and our salon.
Please stay safe and take good care.
Keeping you safe is our top priority. When there are new pathogenic threats, we are reminded of the importance to remain dedicated to the latest infection control guidelines.
That said, the EPA has recently approved BARBICIDE®, the leaders in anti-viral/microbial/bacterial systems for efficacy against Human Coronavirus, including COVID-19 and we have partnered with them to become a BARBICIDE® Certified Safe Service salon.
This means we are educated and trained in the latest infection control systems, based on up-to-the-minute information on their routine testing procedures and labeling programs. This extremely valuable information will allow us to maintain the highest infection control practices possible.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure to staff and clients, the following guidelines are mandatory:
*Each client is required to wear a mask upon entrance to the facility and during services.
*No outside food or beverages are allowed.
*Please arrive ALONE AND ON TIME for your appointment.
*Per NYS guidelines, you must receive a temperature check before your services begin. If it is 99 degrees or higher, you will be asked to reschedule.